Welcome and first update

This is my first entry to start off my new blog for 2010. This blog will mainly be about my athletic training and races I do throughout the year.

I have decided to start off the new year with a goal of lowering my body fat, which is now a contest between my wife Susan and I and our neighbours. We started the challenge on Wednesday, January 6th and it goes for 3 months until Wednesday, March 31. My body fat started at 15%, and we are not just over one month into the contest. I know I am loosing inches on my stomach and putting on some muscle mass and have been sticking to a fairly strict low carb high protein diet, so I know I am loosing body fat.

I started out with the P90X workout series in Jan. but at the start of Feb. started the new Insanity workout series from the makers of P90X...Beachbody. I have to say the Insanity work outs are insane as they push your anaerobic threshold mainly with cardio and interval training using your own body weight. I am starting week 3 of this workout series now and am loving it. I have decided to stick with this until the end of March before I start getting into my triathlon training in hopes of improving my cardio and leg strength mainly. I know this is a long first post but figured I would get all the details of my training out now.

Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SLS3 Compression

Officially started my triathlon training now

Completed the Hamilton Marathon